View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
Well, that's not paying their fair share.

You know how much Mark and I are penalized for owning Zilvia and if we manage to have a few dollars left at the end of the year? We get hit with Self-employment taxes and penalties for not withholding during the year.

How are we supposed to know if we will have a profit at the end of the year when things change and fluctuate during the year? Right now we are paying off credit card bills for $8000 in server and network equipment.

How does that type of attitude help small businesses plan for the future and try to hire and pay employees, even if they are just part-time?
Do you think this puts you in the fabled "over taxed rich" or the reality of over burdened middle class?

If you were an oil company the government would subsidize you and then let you skate on taxes.

EDIT
I don't get why people think taxing the middle and lower class more than 30% of their income is fair or constructive but taxing the upper classes any more 3% is stifling and morally abhorrent. The upper classes make more than that in interest in a matter of days. The middle class will never get that back, not even through social programs.