View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #58
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Hey guys thanks for all the support! Loving the avatar Howie! Hahaha

Anyway on with the update...

This weekend we checked off a huge milestone off our list. We finally finished up painting the bay, along with the underside of the hood, and my set of kouki side skirts. For doing a 3-stage paint job in the garage, I'm happy to say I'm very pleased with it, especially since this was my first time ever using a gun lol. I used PPG products throughout most of the process, besides the primer, in which I used SEM high build self-etching primer. I talked to a clerk from the local auto body supplies store and he gave me alot of good tips I could use. He suggested that if it was my first time painting, that I should go purchase a cheap gun such as one from Habor Freight so I did just that and purchased two of their HVLP spray guns.

I ended up going through:
-1 quart of WK0 base = 2 quarts with reducer
-1 pint of pearl = 1 quart with reducer
-1 quart of clear + half pint of mid hardener

2 coats of base, 2 coats of pearl, 3 coats of clear.

Now we can finally start putting some stuff back together !