View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #52
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh and by why I want to see hands of how many people in this thread are actually running 500hp plus S chassis's on the street. LOL

Seriously I have seen so many threads were people talk big about running or building a 500+ HP S chassis for street use. I bet most of you would not even know how to handle driving that.

Not putting anyone down but the fact is there are around a handful of guys on this forum with cars like that. The majority are just dreamers that don't have more than 200 HP on tap maybe 250.
I owned and ran a 300+whp S chassis on the street i.e. close to 380hp flywheel. It was a monster and fast as hell. ( Yes it was an RB car)
I start seeing people talk about 500-700 hp cars and I just start laughing . Most would not be able to drive them, let alone actually having them.

Call me jaded but I know its the truth.
Thanks for bringing that up.

I always get a laugh from people throwing out numbers and engines like it's no big deal

"Sup guys, I have 7k and I can't decide which motor I want for my 500whp street car. Oh yeah I'm 17 and have only been driving for a year now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways570sx View Post
For one you have 7 grand sitting in your room? Dumb. For two, your comment about staying jdm, is a very typical fanboy response. Get with the times and look at the facts. Ls1 is a better overall bang for the buck swap. Not only for that reason, but you really dont have much saved. Money for the swap alone is not enough, think about shit you will find on the way, need to replace or upgrade. Then u get it running right? Shit goes wrong again, u have money for that? Foe the tune? For all the shit you wont be able to do. I bet you theres guys on here with rb26dett swaps that have at least 20k into the engine. Hell i know sOme guys that have 15 grand into NA ls1s. And tbose parts are way cheaper to upgrade then a rb26. Bang for the buck reliability and performance on a budget. Ls1. Or just go sr for the fanboys.
So by your logic, anyone who has a Japanese motor in their Japanese car and prefers to not have an LS, is a fanboy?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote