View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 01:51 AM   #58
tehkmob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
tehkmob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyozan View Post
Jus cause im 17 deosn mean i cant afford either. I have almos 7k saved up, an im jus trying to do research on these engines. An I dont want an ls series engine because my older brother lets me borrow his 70 chevelle, an I jus dont want a v8
Fuck a 2J and a RB, for 500+ on a rb reliably expect to spend 5k+ in parts and tuning alone, not to mention the oiling demons RB's have that cause failures. 2J is cheaper, more reliable but still looking at spending close to 10k to complete swap before mods unless your a mechanical guru...

LS swap is the way to go.. And fuck a chevelle, It weighs almost 4k lbs, its night in day from a chevelle 4k lbs to a s13 2200 lbs... Besides over 500 hp in a S chassis is pretty redundant... if you really set on a swap, swap a VQ35DE (HR is overpriced and parts are expensive.) you can get everything for a DE swap for under 4K and my Z33 STOCK can run side by side with a R6 from 50-100 (almost actually he'll pull my front bumper but from 100-140 I can catch and start to pass...

Your layout:
1: Swap a VQ in your car
2: LEARN how to drive!!
3: mod VQ accordingly

Trust me, a SR and VQ are night and day as well, I'd swap a vq over a sr anyday.

In the end you'll do whatever you want, But im sure if you dont have the seat time you're 1: gunna kill yourself (Which I pray you dont, I hate seeing people die in cars) or 2: all that money is going to be a waste cuz you'll prolly kill your car..

Be reasonable with your decision, I've had my Z33 for 3 years and left the motor stock, I've had a z06 engine sitting in the garage for a year. I'm prolly going to swap THAT into a S13 and leave my Z be..

Hope I shed some light on some things for you, and that I might have been just a little helpful in your decision.

~Dustin

edit: Oh, to add, The fastest car In Japan for some years WAS (not sure if it still is) a twin turbo c5 z06, just some food for thought on what the JDM's are doing. Not to mention a shop Apartment 9 Just dropped a built LS7 into a s13 chassis.. So about keeping it JDM... Your the only one, hhahaa the JDM's are keepin it USDM...
tehkmob is offline   Reply With Quote