View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #39
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbballa9876 View Post
I was just wondering why you chose rb25, if "it doesnt matter what motor you start out with". Sorry just being the devils advocate. The motor has a lot of pros and cons, the only con being the risk you take in its reliability when you take it past stock. Even fully built and everything, there are a lot of horror stories pertaining to its long term reliability. And thats just scary when you put a ton of money into it and dont know when itll fail, like cracked block, oil starvation etc. And about 700 hp is about its theoritical limit, and torque wont be extremely high

The nature of the low stroke L6 is something to be desired by everyone, how quickly itll reach high rpms and how awesome it pulls. Ideally good choice on skipping the 4 banger, and not going with the typical ohv.

Good luck though, i wont even say what engine i would be using if I had 10 - 15k, but chances are i wouldnt continue with the rb25. I wouldnt not consider the rb25 a "waste" whatsoever in its current stage of life and how cheap it was for me to do the swap, and how it hasnt had a single issue yet.

And i think for me it was the best bang for the buck, but fully built- might be a risk im not willing to take.
Why I decided to go RB25? I had enough buddies in Japan that are running stock bottom end RB25 with stock HG and ARP studs pushing over 600hp on Holset HX40 turbo.

I've ridden in a couple LS1 swapped S14 and I wasnt too impressed. I like boosted engines better. Then again, when you've have a 500 hp'd SR and you sit in a stock LS swapped S14, it wont really be exciting.

My goals is 400-450 hp RB. I think for that power level, an RB25 would just be barely breaking a sweat, while the SR is pushed to its limit.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote