View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Hidden in the shadow of his brother, we have another contender. Diabolically stitching together another bastard AE86 to complete the Texas collection, Chris Lee is a man with a plan. I can only guess that team silhouette realized how powerful of a driver they had with Robert Lee, and chose to clone him instead of recruiting fresh talent, creating a perfect copy of Robert's flesh. They stopped there though, and instead of also cloning his 100 hp car, they built something more aggressive.

You see, this AE86 isn't another 4AG car, another 1UZ swap, turbo kit setup, or even like Will's FC20 clunker. This car was built with purpose. Chris looked at each part of his AE86 and felt what only can be called distraught. He wanted power, but then the tranny would break. If he put in a better tranny, the axle would break. The suspension is archaic, he would need to sort that out to get power to the ground. The brakes are too tiny. And if he got all that together, the crank would probably fall out of the 4AG next, and on and on, forever a downward spiral.

Tweens around the world choose the AE86 chassis for its light weight drifting heritage ( - they watched Initial D because they were too young to drive anywhere and were stuck at home, and as they dreamed that sweet auto trader dream, the only thing their allowance could afford was the AE86 rusting in some rednecks yard on the last page labeled "equipment" ), but all the things that make it a decent little drift car also hold it back, and so he knew the only thing he could keep was the shell, and steal from something great. Something great like an S13. And so he did. And as the story unfolds one subframe at a time, the car finally started to have a chance at greatness. An SR20 in place of a 4AG. An S13 subframe and diff in place of the solid axle toothpick that came in the car. Even an S Chassis steering rack. Even S13 coil overs! And while his flesh might look just like Robert's, I pitty that man for having to drive against a younger and better looking brother in a superior car.

Here you can see an R200 was used in place of whatever the hell comes in a AE86, I have no idea what that is.

Unable to cope with the increased amount of electricity the Nissan alternator would produce, he had no choice but to swap out all the gauges and install switches to control the electronics of the car, for fear of dying in an awful electrical fire and being trapped inside the car by the combination of racing seat, racing steering wheel and racing cage.

Upsized fuel lines were installed to get worse gas mileage when in drift.

The AE86 clutch pedal is a known weak point, so out it went, and was swapped out for a stronger unit.

He preemptively cut out his core support so he couldn't bend it when he hits his brothers Corolla from behind because it is going to slowly in front of him.

There is only one thing that can stop this car. Hammers.

I present to you the first Corolla to ever have a hydro e brake, or have a driver that used an e brake for anything other than parking, or emergency braking.

The longer I stare at this, the more it blows my mind. Coilover. Check. Box steel. Check. Random piece of strap brace. Check. Stock bumpstops just chilling on the upper control arms. Check.

So watch out. Here comes CHRIS LEE! The only problem is I'm not sure which one he is.

aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote