View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #205
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Not sure I'll have to check them out.

Ok maybe I'm not sure what you mean. Heres a picture of the uppers off the car, if that helps. Sorry 1st set of coils I've ever had....

Take a picture of the lower section of the spring, showing the collar and the lower strut area. If its full tap, you should have 2 collars locking the springs in place and you should have 1 more collar that locks the spring tube into the lower strut. Most of us usually leave the 2 collars in place and adjust ride height only with the lower collar. You loosen the lower collar and the whole upper should just spin into the lower strut.

The back should be almost the same. The only difference is that the fronts are open bottom so you can bottom them out all the way till the lower collar touches the upper collar. The back ones, the bottom isnt hallowed thru. This is where most coilover companies are different. Some are designed to go low in the rear without touching the upper springs. Some, even maxed out in the bottom, are still not low enough.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote