View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #256
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Same set up New Owner. Attempt #2 Let's Go!!!!!

Soooo after almost a year since this threads been updated and how much interest you guys showed. Ill revive the thread, you guys shouldnt be let down this time. I also need to renew my premium membership its been so long since ive been on here lol.

I sold the car to a really really good friend of mine. He took the car apart and hes on a mission to get it back up and running so ill share since hes been giving me pics.

So the motor was then taken apart to check for damage:

After the valve cover was taken off and cam gears taken off the probblem turned out to be a FAULTY Intake cam!!!! Pics Supplied:

New valves were Ordered from enjuku, BC Stainless valves because the old valves were obviously going to be bent.

The head was pulled and the damage was not so bad, you couldnt even tell the valves were bent but we knew they were lol. I Dont have a pic of the bottom of the head. You can tell the pistons were knicked from the valves but it actually was not bad at all:

The new valves were installed, New Tomei 270 Intake Cam was ordered Fuel set up is getting re done and another AEM EMS will be installed.

Difference is this time it will be tuned on pump gas but im very sure it will reach the set goal. He will probly have a second map done later on down the road for E-85 but i assure you guys a dyno sheet will be put up when its finished . I talked to my friend and he said hes tring to have it finished in the end of OCT or Nov of this year. I come back to the states at the end of October so ill be able to help speed things up and snap some pictures for you guys.

SR
20det GTXX71R

Sips on E-85

1998 S14 Kouki

KA24de

Bone Stock......

2004 Lancer Evolution
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote