View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarsuglia View Post
Thank you very much for your fast and detailed response it helps Alot!
Ya S14 kouki.

Also could someone explain low disk and all that?
Which company? Different disk is for brake caliper clearance. Low disk means the face is flat or doesnt have a whole lot of pad in the back for brake clearance. The benefit of these faces is they usually have the most amount of lip. Then you got the standard faces and High disk faces. High disks are pretty much designed for big brakes, and usually clears anything and everything you can think of (had a buddy clear Ferrari F40 brakes on his R32).

For example: http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/w...2/VSKF_PDF.pdf

If you look in there, you can see how different disks will change how much lip you have on the rim, even tho they're the same widths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
so i have 18x9.5 +15 with 245/45 in the front on my s13, after i put my new tie rods in they hit the front of the wheel well when at full lock( shoulda tubbed it when i had the motor out...ughh)
anyways will 225/40's be good enough to clear? ill post a pic to show how much its rubbing if thats needed but i wouldnt say its too bad
The difference between 245/45-18 and 225/40-18 is over an inch and a half in diamter. Big difference between the two. Nobody has issues clearing 225/40-18s since thats what almost everybody runs for the fronts (and also the most common tire size for 18s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by relix oner View Post
I have an s13 and im looking for some rims. I know I want 18's, I want the biggest lip I can get, and I want them as flush as I can get them....any suggestions...I've been looking around just curious what ya'll had to say
Good rule of thumb to follow is 9j +9 for the front and 10j +10 in the rears. Easy enough to remember.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote