View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #96
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
Levan. B is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
^^^^ this. Definitely looks beyond amazing in person. Put my coupe to shame there lol Its nick btw.
Sup Nick! haha.

After we got the motor running and the car completely rolling, it was ready to leave for paint.

The exhaust was also installed, unfortunately I don't have any photos of that. Mike did a lot of work to get as much clearance as possible, he also extended an SR downpipe so it would clear the floor board, and relocated the O2 bung for easy access.

I picked up some MINT Aero marker electric mirrors from va240dude

After waiting for three months, my wheels came in!
I spent a lot of time deciding on sizes and offset. Didn't want something that would be way too aggressive, I went with 18x9 +10 A disk front, and 18X10 +18 O Disk rear

Finally got the car over to the painter, where he would then shave the third brake light and rear markers, and prep the car even more to get it as smooth as possible.

The painter was really happy with how smooth it already was, so aside from the markers and third brake light he didn't have to do as much body work as we thought he would. The fender pull was the biggest thing, it had the typical low spots above the pull.

The first thing to get a coat of paint was the hood, he wanted to let me see the color in person before he started on everything else.

Needless to say I was really happy with it. The color changes a whole lot in light, and is really hard to capture correctly with a camera.

It looks very green in this light/photo.

Clay, my painter suggested a Super glamour clear to give the paint a very deep glossy finish.

The next time I came to see the car it had been to the booth, and had the whole main body painted and cleared.

My buddy pat was over at the shop and took some photos of it in the light for me, it got me pretty excited for sure.

Clay ended up refinishing the door jambs, since the single stage was slightly different than the two stage.

a few weeks later the time had come to pick the car back up. everything but the front lip, mirrors and spoiler had been painted. We had a professional come install the new windshield, and the quarter windows. I really wanted to start busting ass on this thing.

Last edited by Levan. B; 11-16-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Levan. B is offline   Reply With Quote