View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
there is a formula to measure caster with a camber gauge
look up the SmartCamber gauge instruction manual if you are so inclined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
If you have a camber gauge, you can can get a semi accurate reading by doing a backyard caster sweep (15* L and R from center, take a camber reading at each and then do some subtraction or addition and some mulitplication...google it as I can't recall off top of my head).

I would love to see if there could be a way to have Mustang caster/camber plates adapted to our cars...I should really look into it as it isn't complicated, and their options are great.

Understood...I guess I often forget the looks aspect/style of drifting, namely as I'm not really involved with that side of it. TO say it's not a motorsport may be a bit hard, as I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the balls to be throwing my car sideways near a wall at speed haha...it's a skill to say the least.

However even if I was a drifter, I think i'd get nerded out with the suspension stuff....in fact I love reading some of the articles (namely the MotoIQ ones) on how they setup the cars to work well...some neat stuff in there, that all forms of car guys can enjoy.
Interesting guys will try.