View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #8806
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
great, thanks ace. any tips on how not to snap studs when removing the exhaust manifold? gonna soak it in pb blaster for the next week but i do NOT wanna have to back out broken studs lol
I personally like to spray them with PBlaster the day before. Drive it around, get it warm. Then after driving, spray them again while it's warm as it will help suck the PBlaster into the rust and penetrate more.

Then the day of, spray them again, get it warm (not totally hot, just warm it up until the manifold is almost too hot to touch. Then quickly break all of the nuts loose while it's warm. If you can, keep going, but if not you at least have the initial bond broke. I've always had good luck with them being warm as it helps expand the threads a little, making it easier to remove. The PBlaster helps too as it penetrates/eats rust to a degree.

Doing it cold can work, but I've broken way to many studs when I was younger on 5.0's to risk it on anything again, especially one with aluminum heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Luckinator View Post
s13 inners are the same length as z32 (z33 i believe), s13 inners are m12 as where everything else is m14.
Z32/s13/s14 are all different lengths, I just can't rmember if z32 or S13 is shortest.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote