View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
if the HKS photos on their site are correct for most or all knock offs, then this is more then likely a knock off. look at the cap nuts holding the back section together. the caps in these pictures are longer before getting to the "dome" of the cap. i have a few broken knock offs here with me and they all have the same type of nuts. the real HKS have more of a bullet cap less straight before getting to the dome. also the BOV i have here has a bead on the vacuum stem not just straight steel pipe. that would also lead me to believe its knock off. i would think the genuine HKS would have that bead also.

The knock offs are getting to the point where they are almost completely identical to the real deals. the best thing for these companies to do to help people from passing off fakes as real is if the companies instituted a serial number program an had a database to which you could register the part and confirm it being legit.

the worst part about all this is... no one knows for sure if these come from the factories that HKS has them manufactured at and purchase them from or if they have just decided to rip them off down to the packaging.