View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
I think only the v3 has the big holofoil thing on the back, this is a V2 wich i dont think ever had anything more than the small HKS logo

Looks extctley like the one on FRsport oh and mine had the little black cover on the nipple, i just lost it before taking the pictures

if you noticed that on FRSports site, they have this info posted..

"This product is currently unavailable. Please contact us for more information."

FRSport usually only posts that when an item has been discontinued. HKS hasnt made the SSQV 2 for quite a while now (its been over a year i know that). also the price point, if you pay under $200 for a brand new SSQV, especially on ebay, its 90% likely a knock off

EDIT: also, the finishing on the inside of the inlet (where it mounts to the flange) looks fairly unfinished (rough). this is usually a dead giveaway. a real HKS is always smooth and rounded. the fakes end sharply and usually feel jagged. one last thing, if i remember correctly, the flange base itself shouldnt have a mold line on it like yours does. i wound up with a fake HKS SSQV 1 in a trade i did with some kid a while back locally, the quality of the fake compared to my real SSQV 3 was instantly noticable. the pistons were night and day difference, the internal finishing around the inlet like i mentioned above was a huge factor and the nipples were different sizes, the fake was huge, the real one was not.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 12-16-2011 at 11:51 AM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote