View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #136
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
That's OK, myself and a few hundred thousand others were faced with a similar, but slightly more palatable decision in 2008 (while you were in high school) with McCain vs Obama, and wrote in Ron Paul.

I'll do it again.

This thread is very telling, because although the "majority" out "there" tend to think Ron Paul is unelectable, no one really knows what would happen in a General against Obama. I tend to think he'd have at least as good a shot as Romney against Obama ~ so in my (hopeful) opinion, if he can continue to gain momentum against Romney he has a real shot of getting on the General ballot...

... and that's a victory for small government folks everywhere
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Paul vs. Obama

Paul gets dominated. Sure some of his views seem really awesome... but in totality the dude is a phony. Everyone in Washington knows it, and anyone who is a wonky politico knows it. The only reason he is running for president this time around is so that he can set up his son Rand to have a nice career in politics. I can almost guarantee he does not run as an independent, which he would already be doing instead of wasting money running in the republican primary. For a guy who hates the federal government and government spending, he sure does bring home some hefty government money. Sure he votes against it, but only because his pork projects get attached to bills that are all but certain to pass. Seriously, Ron Paul is just as big of a liar/hypocrite as any other politician.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote