View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #142
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
The point - you're missing it. You disappoint me.

He's a dissenting voice in a chorus of non-conservative republicans, who tend to change their stance on important as well as trivial issues regularly.

You're right that he won't run as an independent, and you're right that his campaign is not just about winning in 2012. Even if he doesn't make the general, the fact that he's a solid second is amazing. No one would have imagined he'd resonate like this 4 years ago... except those of us who wrote him in
I think you are being hoodwinked. The guy could care less about what he actually says. What he is worried about is his money. He figured out a formula that would keep him in the Congress and allow him to raise lots of money by saying some ridiculous things or making impossible promises to members of the military.

If his campaign is not about winning the primary then what is it about? Being a solid second, which is highly doubtful, does not say much when you look at who he is running against. What is he resonating? It has been the same story for him for the last 20 some odd years, it is always the same thing. Young people get excited because he says some kinda true kinda crazy populous things. Than they find out he is just a fake and move on.

One of his number one beliefs was on term limits for members of congress... well, that is except for himself. I could keep going but it is easier to just sit back and watch it all happen. Be ready to feel let down real soon.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote