View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #55
buentellomma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
buentellomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
The cheapest price i found for online body shop supplies is stockwiseauto.com I also have a 5% off code that is savewise2012 i believe. I actually just found out they are only 10 mins from me so I can do pick ups instead of shipping.

I will still recommend a nice wet sand with 1800 to 2000 grit (correct me if im wrong) at the end with a compound/buff.

Im by no means a body guy I have just been getting into learning how to do bodywork lately. Can you explain how to compund and what tools and brands you would recommend on that. I have been looking into wizards I really like some off their products or i can just get 3m.

I will contribute to the thread when i fix my dash on how to fix cracks. I have done that with great results in the past.
I like to use lord fuzor 152 to fix the crack then sem texture coat. Then finish it off with sem black trim paint. It comes out perfect.
wet sanding is ok but i have found that dry sanding with 3m 1000grit and higher seems to be better to work with. Buffing and compound usage: i like to use about a inch to a inch and half ribbon of compound, use my pad to spread it out and buff a square foot at a time. You have to keep the buffer moving a bit to keep the temp down or you wiill get burn thru. Ill do a write up when i get around to buffing the hachi. Never used wizards but you cant go wrong with 3m..... fusor products are the best. Inline filters, i just use disposable ones right now
buentellomma is offline   Reply With Quote