View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #33
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Cody, would I notice a massive difference if I do not get the manifold extrude honed? Im currently running the Tomei manifold - would I feel major restriction if I switch and do not get it extrude honed?
It's a matter of relevance to a degree. Is it a massive amount of change? Well, not really...it's sort of a nice finishing touch (we'll say like the cherry ontop) to a nice setup. It's going to help spool up without a doubt (smooth runners, no restriction), but it's not going to be a huge difference (100-200 rpm maybe)...it's also going to maybe be responsible for a few ponies, and better off boost response.

Is Extrude reaaaaally needed? Probably not. However (IMO only) if you're going to go that far with a setup, it's worth doing it right (especialyl if you're really going to drive the car...if it's just a daily driver then I'd probably opt out). I guess that though process could be applied to a most mods, but I'm just trying to be as truthful as possible

As far as a reduction in power, that's hard to say beyond educated guessing based upon results and dyno graphs. YOu'll gain faster spool up and torque with the stock manifold, but may loose out a smidge on the top end, which is where the tubular manifold does work best...however it's not a huge amount)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfreak317 View Post
Do you weld these yourself? Welding cast iron is not easy. I'm pretty sure it needs to be preheated pretty hot and special filler wire used. I'm guessing that you have done your research on this and weld it properly, right? Only asking because I'm interested in getting it done by you but was turned away by several shops when I wanted this done a couple years ago.
No my friend Jay welds these JPC Fabrication. I've sold about 15 of these so far with no issue, and Jay has welded countless other cast iron items at his shop. If it does break, you can ship it back, repaired and shipping will be covered on our end.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote