View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #36
nissanfreak317
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
nissanfreak317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
No my friend Jay welds these JPC Fabrication. I've sold about 15 of these so far with no issue, and Jay has welded countless other cast iron items at his shop. If it does break, you can ship it back, repaired and shipping will be covered on our end.
Great, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
cool story....I've actually welded cast iron a lot, not talked about it....the weld will not break if the welder is good, in Cody's case, he has a great welder, so it will be fine. Cast aluminum is a bitch to weld, maybe you're thinking of that.....
Stop being a douche. I was asking a question and was looking for an answer. Not some smart ass responses from someone other than the vendor. I have experience welding, I have taken welding classes, and I know many people who have tried to weld cast iron and failed. I looked into having this exact process done to my own manifold in the past and was turned down by local welding shops. I was curious of the process that they used, not trying to cause trouble, I know it can be done but I also know it's not as easy as you are making it out to be. And also, stop being a douche.

Have decent pop-up front to trade with oem hood + vis racing carbon fiber hood if interested.
nissanfreak317 is offline   Reply With Quote