View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #47
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Yes I have flex Pipe in that piece. I don't really have many pictures of it, as I fabbed it and installed it and called it a day.

On my example, the upper red part is hard pipe. cut at an angle, and welded to the flange. The green part is the flexible tubing that I got from JCwhitney (1.25 or 1.5" I can't recall). The flexible tubing then slides atop more hard tube (again in red at the bottom) where it recirculates back into the downpipe (secured via that guillotine clamp). Could I have fabbed it with all hard pipe? Sure...but the flex tube was available and easy to use. It's a MFer to weld with a mig (I'm also not a perfect welder) so just be careful with it, or have someone tig it. I had the mig super cold, and very fast to keep it from melting.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote