View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #144
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfreak317 View Post
Yes, I understand how a word can be offensive. Yes, the point of my post is that racism breeds racism. The simple fact that I personally have done nothing bad to any specific other group of people, yet they discriminate against me for things that my ancestors did rather than treat me like an individual drives me nuts. I just feel that hatred breeds more hatred. How can you be mad at me specifically for things that happened 150 years ago?
Uhh what? Jim Crow laws ended in 1965. Some of the members on here and their parents experienced socially excepted racism first hand; shit, my best friend at the time showed support and eventually joined the Aryan Brotherhood.

Just because Jim Crow laws ended does not mean the personal morals in regards to how they felt ended.

I could talk all day and night about physical and psychological things that have been done to me over my race but it won't do much for someone that can not truly understand it.

So in terms of is, 'x-word' a derogatory term. The answer is yes. If the people of the social group want to use the derogatory term, good for them. But if you are outside of that social group, or use that word in a malicious matter, then something is definitely wrong.

I am not mad at a whole race for anything. I'm not mad at