View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #63
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
And if so... the old gt2876 offers slightly more power potential than the 2867 according to the map, about 10 horsepower more for what its worth. Doesnt the 2871r tap around 45lb/min?
All of these turbos appear to flow within about 30-50 horsepower of each other. But that says nothing about boost characteristics... real world results are about more than just peak power potential.
->in for a dyno

It seems though most of the math/research/questions I've asked and gone over, that this turbo will produce more power at the same boost, but at the same time also offer a higher boost ability than the current 2871r.

As it stands, I would go as far as to say that on a pump gas car, that 425ish whp is achievable at 22ish psi of boost on our engines (or an efficient 2.0) at the maximum with the current 2871r platform, before it starts entering the land of simply blowing hot air with quickly diminishing efficiency.

The 2867 however seems to change that, as I think it would support 450ish at 25-26 psi, while still being efficient and not becoming a air torch.

With that all considered the 2867 also has a smaller/better deisnged wheel, which 'on paper' points to quicker spool, but more importantly faster off throttle response (which is more important to me being a track guy). It seems that it will match the 28RS in that department, which is awesome, as there is ZERO doubt from my own experience that the 28RS rips up into boost much quicker than the 2871r, despite the 'over rpm' graphs being similar.

Now the 2863 is more of a 'hot rodded' 28RS, I think guys should see 375 on that turbo, however it does seem to run out of some oomph in terms of airflow.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote