View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I officially like the Autometer one because it's the only one that I have seen that is fully programmable to match whatever sending unit you are using:

Auto Meter

[IMG]

I like to mount them behind smoked plexi. I also disassemble the gauge and paint the inside all black. Otherwise you may see some of the white text though the plexi.

I have done several setups with various techniques:

This first setup is the easiest:

[IMG]

This method is much more difficult because I first had to fill in the spot where the OEM switch was:

Build pics here:

Josh's S13 Cluster, HUD, Center Vent and Cluster Shroud album | Broadfield | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

[IMG]

Then an AEM air/fuel gauge I did in an STi:

Build pics here:

Mike Defalco's Vent Gauge STi album | Broadfield | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

[IMG]
Extremely helpful, thank you Toby the super-genius.

More questions...

What products are you using the fill in the stock bezel? And where can I buy smoked plexiglass?