View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Very good question, because this stuff is the bees knees! I use two brands:
  • 3M Semi Rigid Plastic Repair
  • Norton Speed Grip

For the Norton I use the 1 minute and the 5 minute depending on how much working time I need with the product. You will need a special applicator gun that isn't cheap. However, I also used this gun when I did the seam sealer in my engine bay... so it can be used for the dispensing of various types of products. Pictured here if you need the part # of the gun:

http://images116.fotki.com/v617/phot...MG_5837-vi.jpg

I actually bought the smoked plexi from Menards... otherwise if your local super hardware store doesn't have it, you can buy it online.
Mother of god I think I'm in thread heaven. Big thanks again. I'm starting a huge interior project on my car this summer and I've got lots of ideas already. I'll most likely be needing your services for a center vent gauge pod in a couple months.