View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #87
milk_with_pulp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
milk_with_pulp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to milk_with_pulp Send a message via AIM to milk_with_pulp Send a message via Yahoo to milk_with_pulp
Toby,

Upgrading 1998 240sx Ground/Power. AKA Big 3 Upgrade.
Currently the wires are stock and have read information about upgrading Alternator Wire, Chassis Ground, Engine Block Ground to improve audio performance.

What type of Battery Terminals to use for the wire
What type of cable/wire
What gauge do you suggest
What points would you recommend to upgrade

Looking for a distributor that would sell terminals that are worth while, I see many cheap terminals and some which are extremely expensive to connect the wires to a battery, most seem to be a rip off where people buy for the hype.

From my few years in wiring homes, I know of gauges for wiring, curious though as I see some recommending 2 gauge/ 0 gauge for these grounding points. The wire is extremely stiff and was wondering what you recommend.

Also, would ask for any suggestions on antennas for a Nissan to replace the long antennas, it was a fixed antenna non powered and would like something small, less of an eyesore.

Any help and information is appreciated and do you suggest any forums for car audio that you frequently visit or read for information?
milk_with_pulp is offline   Reply With Quote