View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #96
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
so i am in the process of aquiring an 06-07 sti. want to do the same thing u did to this one. would you be able to do this without the car, just the gauge and vent? or is it nessecary to test fit during the process? if this is possible ill send you a pm for a quote after i actually pick one up. thanks in advance. love your work always impressive!!!
I would need the car unfortunately. It's a VERY tight fit and I would need to make sure the gauge is perfectly straight up and down with the silver trim ring... which I can only do by setting it in the car for a test fit and then adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
damn thats a good deal
Thanks Toby!
You know I got your back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titopr06 View Post
hey toby,

is the process of upholstering the s14 door cards the same as the s13? Is it the same material?

thanks!
Definitely not, but I have never done an S14 card. I do know the S14 cards are cake to do though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
Have you ever used a surface mount universal pod to mount on the kick panels of a 240sx? Maybe for mounting a 5 1/4 or 4" mid for added midrange / sound stage? It would have to be a woofer that is not too deep, as I don't really want to relocate my ECU and other stuff housed behind the kick panels
No, I have never used universal pods. That would go against everything I strive for. I always custom fiberglass kicks for whatever the car may be. Here is a set I did for my demo car in the store. I also made custom press fit, flush, black grill cloth covered grills that are not pictured. I actually made these kicks 16 years ago. I just had them out of the car because I put a fresh set of Hybrid Audio Legatia speakers in them. In the kick is a Legatia 4" and Legatia tweeter. The door houses the Legatia 7.1" midbass driver.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote