View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #320
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
ok so im about to re-lip my rims

are these the correct steps

Disassemble :
1- take off tire
2- take off nuts and bolts if you have a 3/8 drive electric impact it will make your life so much easier - just use it on the back bolts
3- cut away sealant from seam big flat head + spin wheel
4- heat up and separate may require using hot mitts and someone using a long 2X4 like a battering ram to separate, lol
5- clean

assembly:

1- make sure all surface is clean and good fit
2- put together all three pieces - I usually tighten down 8 bolts hand tight spaced out evenly around the wheel so all three pieces are nice and snug as you cross torque/locktite them all
3- bolt down face in criss-cross pattern torque to proper specs (20-24ft/lbs iirc) - I never bothered with a torque wrench, I broke 2 bolts using a friends (that may have been broken) and have done the rest with the 'quarter turn' rule and its all been fine...and yes use blue locktite
4- reseal bead

is that it or am i forgetting something??

Changed the assembly order and added some notes, lol.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote