View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #105
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by energ View Post
damn that makes a little more sense, now that i see the process.. is the final product the mdf board covered with the SEM texture coat or is that a sheet of abs plastic ?

thanks for the reply and sharing some of your tips
Yes, the final product is the MDF with a texture. I have never used ABS plastic in my clusters. I do not use SEM texture coat anymore though. I found something else that is WAY, WAY, WAY easier to yield perfectly consistent results.... and it doesn't even require a finish coat of paint like the texture coat does. It comes in a rich satin black. But I can't tell you what the product is... I'm not ready to give up all of my secrets quite yet. However, I know I have mentioned what it is a couple times if you search hard enough The cluster with the white Autometer gauges is an example of the new texture product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfitch2k5 View Post
your work is amazing. just my $.02
Thanks!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote