View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #82
GoToast
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GoToast is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoToast
Depending on the final production price of the Silvia Aero bumper, I would absolutely buy on.

The only thing is, a whole FRP bumper can be twisted on the longitudinal axis with out much issue when not fixed on a car. But what about its durability in cooler weather(not snow), being deformed on its Latitudinal axis, high speed impacts and such of the similar. Granted, I have seen many higher quality FRP aero parts sustain some fairly knarly hits and potholes, and the mainstay of the parts were fine with minor scratches. But then only to find out the mounting areas were broken off instead of flexing.

So basically what I'm getting at with useless banter is; If you can get as close to OEM quality as possible, but keep the price under what actual OEM ones go for on the RARE ocassion they do come up for sale.

Then YES. I would absolutely buy one. Because it would be entirely new and unpainted.

Also a side idea or two.
-Make an option to have a deleted plate bracket mount(cleaner and easier for us to relocate the plate off to the side).
-Find SOMEONE who has the OEM Silvia Aero Front Lip and replicate that as well as an undermount bolt on. And make it about a 1/4-1/2" taller.
-ABSOLUTELY replicate the OEM Silvia side skirts. I'm sick of seeing people trying to sell the 180SX skirts as Silvia skirts.
-And if business goes well, JUN made a "Bonnet Lip" that went on the hood above the center grill. It was an aftermarket aero that I think is now discontinued. Paintable FRP and CarbonFiber would be nice.