View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #1620
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I run a griffin radiator (sold to me by Jack aka azndoc) a taurus fan (low speed only) and have a bullshit radioshack switch.

the problem is I am using the oem a/c wiring to power that fan and it draws a fuckload of amps and the oem wiring is too small and old and shitty to carry the current. So I literally need to replace everything behind the firewall with new "milspec" wire and a fatter wire that can handle the current and not get hot as fuck and melt shit (like it's currently doing)

Hence why I want to run a clutch fan. =)
wayne, quit being a bitch with all this unnecessary talk about milspec this and that. you're not building a tank, milspec.... pshh.

step 1) go to surplus shop
step 2) buy 12 gauge wiring
step 3) purchase some quality connectors/fuse holder/heavy duty relay
step 4) install your fans PROPERLY (like they should have).

regardless of WHICH method you chose, electric or mechanical - fans need to be installed properly. if you have a mechanical fan, it needs a shroud. if you have electrical, they need proper wiring WITH fuse and relay.

END OF DISCUSSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
this whole page is like circle jerk of the 27+ club

om1kron crank the fucking camber jesus over complicating everything always
true.

but i was going to say, instead of wasting money on bullshit camber arms... just drop your fucking subframe and re-do the bushings

again, fairly simple and routine work with these old pieces of shit we drive.

god... what a fucked up morning, you know shit is bad when me and soap agree. fuckin fruit.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote