View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #128
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
The kid that was shot and killed was not even the robber, just some black college kid.

The cops are trying to dump the blame on someone else. Another report says the cops fired from their vehicle.

Why do you believe the cops bullshit that "he gestured to his waist" as justifiable defense but Zimmerman is lying when he says that Trayvon knocked him over and assaulted him?
I missed the part where the person they shot was not the robber... my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Why do you believe the cops bullshit that "he gestured to his waist" as justifiable defense but Zimmerman is lying when he says that Trayvon knocked him over and assaulted him?
Because I still have no good reason to believe that Zimmerman was attacked. To me, it STILL sounds like he followed (against what he was told to do) Martin and confronted him, and when he was losing the ensuing scuffle shot him, perhaps from the embarrassment of getting his ass kicked. The difference is who started the confrontation, and who was armed (despite the fact that he should not have been as 'neighborhood watch').
Lastly, I refuse to support this victim blaming bullshit; "he got followed and eventually shot for being black and suspicious" is just the same as "she got raped because she had on sexy clothes".

That has been my position all along.
If George Zimmerman had not gotten out of his car to confront him (as outlined in EVERY neighborhood watch program), had not been armed while doing neighborhood watch (ditto), completing his duties to simply observe and report, then we’re probably not having this conversation and his life wouldn’t be pretty much ruined, which it will be, even if he comes off of this charged with nothing at all which he probably will. What this brings attention to, however, is a shittily written law that apparently allows loopholes in which someone can confront someone – perhaps even physically – and shoot that person dead when that confrontation does not go as intended. That is what really needs to change here. It is too late to bring back those killed under it, and that sucks just as much.
Wait, I don't have the genetic makeup to have thoughts like this, perhaps I should not be in this thread, I am supposed to be out committing some crimes and making excuses for why I can't get ahead. Sure, this runs totally counter to my degree, house, family and continued gainful employment, but apparently I am not really black then?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote