View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #124
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
You forget Matts in a brand new car with no testing.
They took it to Willow at 3am on qualifying day, and it was cutting out. They got that fixed but no time for any testing.
He had 4 runs, some of them qualifying on friday, and that was his testing.
Then a few practice runs for that half hour friday afternoon.
Car was binding at lock and steering was heavy and sluggish.
You can tell he isnt flicking as hard as usual and not right up against the walls.
So a 4th place in a brand new untested and dialed in car, not bad.

(also the reason there is no cheetah, he didnt have time for vynil)

Diagos corrrections are very common in D1 videos. That shit dont fly here.
Different rules.
Guy did awesome though. Chase runs where so good.
Cant wait to give him a bigger entry like English Town and Vegas.
Actually i think daigo's corrections aren't typical of d1 but more so of driving an untested car and getting use to american tracks. Also remember after the tandem with tyler the car had a damaged rear spindle caused by the crash There wasn't enough time to replace the spindle so toe had to be eyeballed, which going against matt you wouldn;t have thought something was wrong with his car. I love these j dudes so much work ethics and determination. His crew consist of 2 guys, small budget, taking on the world ! I bet daigos entire car cost less than some of these V8 motors. Another cool fact about daigos car is that he bought it as a salvaged vehicle from the tsunami. Before Seibon hooked his car up with all the bits and pieces, the stock sheet metal was pretty tattered