View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by niSm095 View Post
Toby -
I'm interested in a setup for my valve cover. I'm having a problem with the crankcase vent on the exhaust side. The OEM Tee keeps blowing out under boost. My understanding is that a -10 is the right size for the hole on that side of the valve cover? Does XRP have a -10 that would thread into the valve cover and that goes into a tee that has male fittings on either side?
I assume the hole in the valve cover is not already threaded? If not, then you would need to tap it for a fitting. And when you say male ends on the T fitting, I assume you mean a male barbed end for a rubber hose? If so, then you can do it with three parts. A "T" that has a single 1/2" NPT with a male -10 at each end. You would then need two -10 straight Push Lock hose ends that would go on your rubber hose. Your rubber hose would need to have a 5/8" inner diameter though. And the hole in your valve cover would need to be no bigger than what a 1/2" NPT requires before tapping it. If the hole is too small in the valve cover it can always be driller larger then tapped for the 1/2" NPT.

These are the two ends that would go on your hose:

And this is an example of the T:

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds