View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #424
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCesar! View Post
Yeah, because criminalizing consumption of a plant with no long term side effects (and some scientifically proven benefits), while as a society we promote/accept alcohol abuse (and it's destructive by-products) is obviously the 'mature' thing to do.
THIS!!!! Sooo true... Alcohol is far more destructive physically, emotionally, socially, and psychologically than weed. It's like what do pot heads do that is sooo bad, run up a $30 charge at a gas station for snacks? I think Joe Rogan put it best with his comment- how many ppl do you hear about getting high and going home and beating their wife or kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
it will never make sense to me how it's ok to have alcohol available for sale but not marijuana. both alter mood, perception, etc. seems like its stigma from back in the day as some evil substance will just never die :P
Not to mention the health risks of alcohol far outweigh those of smoking marijuana. Those ppl promoting it as an evil substance will have u believe it will turn ur brain to mush. Not true, CBD has actually been shown to stimulate growth of new synapses. Alcohol kills brain cells and really does turn ur brain into mush, just look at the old timer barfly at the end of the bar that looks like he's been hittin the bottle hard for 20 or so years and tell me he's all there. Alcohol can also cause high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, liver failure, kidney disease, pancreas disease/failure, and that's if you dont kill urself from alcohol poisoning, DUI style or another alcohol infused accident.

Ok I'll get off the soapbox now /end rant

You guys should really check out the documentary The Union it's on Netflix and its got some interesting points and ideas
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote