View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #93
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
So now I finally have time after Import Alliance to post some content up. You can plan things all you want but it always seems like we are wrapping things up at the last minute before the big day. So I found out the hard way that fitting a FMIC on an S15 is far harder than S13 and S14. I have installed several intercoolers on S13 and S14 and never had to trim the bumper.

I have about 8 hrs of labor in this bumper. The last thing I would have wanted was a huge gap between the bumper and the intercooler so I basically trimmed, install bumper, trim some more, install bumper, oh it still doesn't fit, trim some more, install bumper until it fit perfect. Here is the end result.

This isn't even close to what I trimmed off. By the end, I was covered in plastic dust. I even broke my dremel...from overuse I guess.

When I was fitting the front bumper for the intercooler core, I didn't have the piping installed so I after the fact, I found out I needed to trim some more. FML.

As you can see from this picture, there is a fog light bracket you have to cut away.

Here is the finished product.

There is a huge hole that the owner in Japan cut for a FMIC and its hideous so I cut out a piece of aluminum to cover the battery try. Eventrually I'll powdercoat it black.

Mounted my Tial BOV in the bumper. This is where I mounted my BOV on my S14 so decided to do it the same way on this car. Main reason is to get it out of the engine bay. I think the bay looks cleaner without a BOV sticking out of the piping.

Here is my modified Greddy intake pipe mounted. Can't wait to go MAP so I can get rid of that MAF.

Engine bay shot. Still have lots of work to do.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote