View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #97
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
A lot of drag honda builds I've seen put it down there, since I daily my car I don't want anything that could introduce outside elements into my intercooler piping to get sucked into the engine. So it's safer in the bay, I think I may weld a bung on my mid mount cooler for the bov so it kind of sits in limbo out of the way but also out of the bay.

I hear you on trimming the oem bumper though to fit over the intercooler. I have a jdm kouki bumper as a spare in case something happens to the aero and it needs a good 2-3 inches chopped off of it.

Are you ever going to go aftermarket on the body of the car or just keep it oem spec?
Yea but anytime the bov is open it "should" be blowing out. I know there is probably that split second when you open the throttle that it could suck something in but I'm not too worried about it. I definitely agree that it is safer in the bay. There were times when I drove my s14 in the rain and I was pretty scared about water entering the bov.

Why did they design jdm aero differently? I was so frustrated that day. I didn't want to take too much off so I just trimmed little by little till it fit. The last thing I would have wanted was a 2 inch gap. I had a usdm bumper with lip on my s14 with no trimming and still had at least an inch between the bumper and the intercooler. Same on usdm s13 iirc.

It is something I have considered but I am such a purist when it comes to my cars. I like oem aero with aggressive wheels. If I even did aero, it would be either vertex lang, ridge, or c-west. Lang being my first choice. I'd love to do something like rocket bunny or tra kyoto but those kits are so far from my style.

Right now my main focus is power and the engine bay. This car is so slow it's not even funny.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote