View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #96
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Aviation fuel is actually a higher quality fuel than that of the local gas station Cody. It is also leaded and typically lead destroys catalytic converters, but if you don't have one, no big deal. Muscle car guys run it all the time.
I'll be the first to admit i'm not a fuel junky, but I can remember (for some reason) some of the old heads at the track talking about how AV Gas has harmful burn charecteristics, and that it's been known to even destroy valves/o2 sensors and more.

Again, i don't have any first hand experience, but something tells me that if it was ok and safe to use, that more would be doing so, versus running the traditional race fuel you can buy these days.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote