View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #49
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyuhh View Post
ive been living in thousand oaks for almost 2 years now, there arent a lot of thieves. TO is one of the safest cities in ventura county. i rarely hear sirens. on the other hand, the valley/818 is full of thieves
...and the drive to Thousand Oaks from Topanga Canyon/Nordhoff isn't that far? What makes you think a thief isn't going to make the drive to where your car is? Or have accomplices in the Valley? It's 2012, there are cell phones to keep constant communication from far away.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, on my commutes from school to work and back to my house, I kept a good look out in my side of the Valley for a Silvia front & some Varrstoens TE's.

A lot of these threads don't surprise me at all. A lot of the people that got their cars jacked have shown off their cars in different pic threads where there pics are taken in some local spots or familiar areas...or even worse, on forums, you actually put your location. That's literally giving away your possible location or a location that can be where your car is. It always makes me laugh when people act like the hype in drifting into the mainstream has nothing to do with 240's getting stolen. The whole drift thing is probably the reason why you (and a lot of us) got your 240, anyway.

And that CL listing probably is yours in all honesty. I could very easily put in another (stolen) Silvia bumper in the picture along side your primered fenders and hood. The paint in the picture is sketchy: it's poorly painted & looks "recently" painted.

It really sucks that people resort to stealing cars but the more you spend into your DAILY driver or a car that isn't well-secured when parked, the chances of it getting stolen increases. If you really want to protect your cars, you have to think ahead and think about every possible situation.

Last semester, I stopped driving my 240 to Valley/Pierce college because a lot of times- I get dudes staring at my car in plain daylight. My S13 isn't even that nice either. It's just on coils, hood and one headlight cover is primered. If you think a thief isn't going to take a stock car (let alone a modded 240) then you're about as oblivious as a child is about Santa.

Just my 2 cents.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote