View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma.jomaa View Post
none the less he know's the inherent risk associated with drifting somebody's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
just take the 2 days

it was on a track anyway. stuff happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
^^^ wtf?

Assuming it was the instructors fault, and not the cars malfucntion, I would ask for something.

But again, instructors are there to help learn....predicting control of a cars setup is the first thing I test out before going balls out. And even then..it's not my car...don't go balls out.

I think the two free track events was more than enough for the orginization. But at the same time...you aren't going to have a clean car if you are drifting...it's FACT.
it wasn't even drifting, it was a road course. drifting i could understand. drifting is just asking to bang up your car. but on a road course... too predictable. in fact, the chief instructor said that's never happened (instructor wrecking car) in the 19 years he's been instructing.

evilpanama, i agree. but at the same time, i've been to several track days and NEVER see cars get wrecked because there's only passing allowed on passing zones, and the lead car has to give the ok to pass. there's really no reason for cars to get banged up physically during track days... other than someone just being careless.

i may just ask him to pay me $150 which is what it would have cost him to drive on track day (since he gets to drive free as an instructor). that way.. he pays the same amount as if he just went to track day like anyone else. seem fair? andy the other $300 track credit will just about pay for the bumper and paint all together. $450 will be pretty close to my cost to repair.

I like the instructor, he's a cool guy and he felt really bad.