View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer5 View Post
i say take the bumper suck it up dont paint it its for off road anyways who u tryen to impress ahhahaha
yeah... but I bought the car from 1100 miles away and paid to have it shipped here because it was a good clean shell with fresh paint and a well fit body kit. its no beater. if the car was torn up already, then fuck it. but it wasnt. it IS a track day car, and just about the only time I drive it is to the track and on the track... but I still want it to look nice. just like all the guys out there in there $50,000+ vettes and $100,000+ porsches that keep there cars in good shape, I want mine in just as good of shape cosmetically. there's no reason that when I do drive my 240 around town, I should have to do so without a front bumper, or without a painted bumper.

i'm the kind of person that takes extremely good care of my shit. whenever i sell a camera, or lens, or computer, or whatever... my shit always looks new. i work hard for my shit, so i take care of it.

I actually had someone there to get photos of me on the track.. it would have been nice if these photos had a bumper in them.

to those of you that actually DO participate in track days, you know that damage to cars is pretty rare. if it was an actual race event, it would be different. but it wasn't.

this is before and after. i literally just took this first photo right before going to the track:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 7.39.30 PM.jpg (104.4 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 7.38.36 PM.jpg (156.6 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 7.43.08 PM.jpg (198.1 KB, 302 views)