View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 04:50 AM   #131
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Uh huh... So Nissan and every other manufacturer is going to kill the V6 engine because the Government will receive a heads up when your car is failing emissions in real time.

Do you even have the slightest clue on the packaging and material costs of incorporating a turbo into a production car? I suspect if anything, Nissan is already developing a VQ-series replacement, something cheaper to build, with more displacement options and a larger utilization of polymer technologies.

The Z does not produce enough sales to warrant its own unique chassis and power-train development. It will continue to hare chassis, engines and parts with Nissan's luxury and car lines.

OMFG a Responsive Turbo 4?! Beyond aftermarket tuning I still fail to see the benefit. A V6 or V8 is going have practically double the power output with less packaging constraints, less cost and greater reliability and superior driving response.

Where have you been for the last 2012 years? The Z has been riding the same chassis as the G-series since the 350Z came out, it also uses the same damn motor and running gear. Volkswagen is the last person Nissan should be copying. Hell Volkswagen has not had a "sports car" since the early 90's and what a failure the Corrado was.

Are you illiterate? I never said all 6 cylinders, I said most n/a high performance 6 cylinders will be going to the way side. Turbochargers have become much much cheaper then what they used to be when they were reserved only for limited production sports cars. I didn't not say the Z should have its own unique chassis, if you had read what I posted I said they should make a chassis which many cars could be based off of like what volks wagen is doing (this includes porsche) so they can lengthen and widen as well as shorten a narrow it so it may be used in a wide range of cars, hence making a small sports car more feasible. I was not just more or less talking about VAG not just volkswagen, this includes porsche.
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote