View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #124
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
I got my new project in today. Many of you may have seen these calipers on the for sale forums recently. The seller wouldn't ship but luckily I had a friend that lives 15 minutes away from him. I was going back and forth debating on whether to buy these or not because the rotors were not included. I called a few project mu distributors and all of them quoted me over 2000 dollars just for two rotors. I was pretty discouraged at that point but after doing some research I found out that evo X rotors are almost identical in size. Considering you can get one piece evo X rotors for around 300-400 dollars and two piece rotors for around 700-800 dollars, I decided to pull the trigger.

I immediately called up my buddy that has a evo X and asked him if I could borrow his stock rotors since I know he upgraded to Girodisc two piece at one time. So here I am today, with project mu rotors, brackets that apparently were modified to fit Ken Gushi's RSR TC, and evo X rotors. Im pretty confident I can make this all work. I still remember grinding away at a block of aluminum to make brackets for my sti brembo back in the day when evo and sti brake swaps were uncommon.

This weekend I will see if I can make the bracket work. If not, I'll have my local machine shop make one for me.

When I received the calipers there were a lot of scratches in the clear. I took my buffer with some Menzerna polish and now they look super wet. I've always dreamed of owning a project mu or endless BBK so this is one project I am extremely excited about!!!

My God I need these in my life. If I ever come across another set I'm scooping them up and selling the Evo 9 BBK I've picked up.

Very nice pickup my man!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote