View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #38
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
not sure if you're being sarcastic, but i'm personally tired of the knee jerk reaction of "you're being racist!" whenever this topic comes up.
maybe racist isn't the right word. but, to me, there's something fundamentally wrong about a bunch of immigrant descendants deciding that a country we stole from its native people is now full. my family came here from Ireland to get away from poverty and famine and to try carving out a new life in a better land. if someone is willing to pack up and move here, even if they jump a fence to get in, I think they deserve the same opportunity.
Quote:
you know who's really to blame for this mess? WE ARE! you know why? because somewhere down the line we started thinking that we were "too good" to mow our own lawns, wash our own cars, and cleaning toilets was somehow beneath us.
so now the people who came here to "do the jobs americans won't do" have grown roots and started families here. we're screwed and we have only ourselves to blame.
agreed.
Quote:
you know what will really make a dent in illegal immigration? going after the people/companies who hire illegal immigrants. there's already federal law against the practice but it's hardly enforced. once the lure of jobs is gone the incentive to sneak in here will go down.
making immigration a more straightforward process would also cut down on illegal immigration. if people want to come here and pay taxes, i don't see how that's a problem.