View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
SXDS15 -Lets try go pretty fast n stuff and keep it street registered. .

We figured it was time I brought those interested up to date on the car. I know I promised a while ago to put pictures up. Here they are. =)

As many of you know the car has served nfi pretty well but he'd decided it was time to create something a bit more hardcore that was lighter, had more grip, looks the part and is much more rewarding to drive. Its still going to be registered and fully engineered... In fact it already is So its a bit of an all rounder at the moment but I guess pretty much directed at the track.

Figure we'll let the pictures do the talking since thats what everyone wants to see.

This sound deadening was the worst job to remove. On s13-s14 they use a sound deadener that is easily removed with dry ice simply cracking off. The stuff in the s15 was really bad... dry ice barely helped, you it left a dirty residue that was stuck to the floor and was really hard to get off.

The big job started.......... I reckon removing the sound deadening and getting to the clean pics you see later on took 3 people on average working on it at any point in time about 70-80 hours all up. The SXD180 we did recently by comparison would have been lucky to have taken 15-20 to completely finish.

Note the fan as the thinners we were using were making some of us cross eyed.

Having a car with nothing wrong with and then getting it to this point was a bit depressing. Looked seriously bad.

First set of new rims. 18x10 +12. I could believe how light these were even with R comps on them.

More soon!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links