View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
i went from an NSX (too slow and too expensive to mod) to a semi-built SC300 2jzgte. the sc was great because it was a speed MONSTER. anyone that knows anything about GTEs will tell you how easy it is to get 600rwhp and run 10s in the 1/4. single digit times aren't too far out either.

but the car itself is just too heavy. hard to find with no sunroof (more weight). too many electronics to bypass and full with. body panels and oem parts are $$$ compared to 240. and i thought it handles like an offing boat... even with coil overs. the aftermarket world for the SC platform is almost non existent. some of the suspension is interchangeable with the Supra, but not all. the stuff that isn't, bushings, etc... can be a pain to locate performance versions.

it was fun on the highways... but ultimately it was sold and I bought a 240 right after for my track car... no regrets.

and don't get me wrong, my sc was no slap it together build either. new block from toyota, new turbos, head work, perfect paint and body, brand new interior, nab, etc... still didn't like it.

jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote