View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #30
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorito View Post
My brother said the same thing, but I like them so this opinion does not matter.

Most importantly it doesnt really answer any of my questions.

More just wondering about how hard they are to find and price if found if anyone knows.

Not really asking an opinion on WHY they are rare, or hard to find, I can assume that on my own based on what popular opinions are on them.

So if you have an opinion that more answers any of my question, would be much more appreciated than the negative style opinion you have.
You must be new here. Welcome to Zilvia. Peep my sig for more info.

I DID answer one of your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorito View Post
Are they hard to find?
You asked if they are hard to find... YES. Why? Because there aren't many of them. WHY? Because they are UGLY.
Same reason why the creamy-yellow coupes are the rarest US-market two tone cars. Not many were ordered because they're the least attractive of the three color schemes (though, it does grow on you).

Perhaps NICO would suit you better if you think my first response was too negative for you. You asked for coupe enthusiast opinions, and that's exactly what you got from me.

But, to answer your question on price... If for some silly reason I wanted one, I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for it. I've seen a few on beat up stock coupes, but never on an enthusiast car, and in the 6+ years that I've had my coupe, I've never seen one come up for sale.
Hell, you could probably make some money by trading your winged trunklid for a racked lid + cash, as you'd be doing the owner of the car with the luggage rack a favor.

Rare doesn't have to mean expensive if the part is rare because of low production demand due to ugliness. So, price it accordingly.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote