View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #85
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
But isnt what the Lakers need at the PG position is somebody who can play some D? I know his upside is on offense but what if he's more of a liability than anything else. Anyways, seems like he did the Suns a favor by giving them a bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Not high picks but they can probably bundle them to move up.
Yes and no.

I mean, yeah obviously they'd want a great defensive stopper as well, BUT you can offset the defensive issues with a great pg that can score, stretch the defense, efficiently run the offense, set up Kobe/Bynum with easy buckets, etc...all of which Nash can do VERY well. As much as i hated seeing Fisher go, he wasn't a scoring threat and it made defense for the other teams WAY too easy. The same thing happens when Steve Blake is in the game.

Case and point, the first 5 games when Sessions was a starter he helped the Lakers in much the same way Nash will, and the Lakers once again looked like a contender.....BUT we all know that wasn't sustained and the rest is history. Nash wont crash and burn like Sessions did.

With Nash's skill set, the opposing teams will have to expend extra energy on defense to keep him and the rest of the Lakers offensive arsenal contained. With that comes less energy on offense and that'll serve the Lakers' defensive shortcomings nicely.

at least in theory. Regardless, i'm happy with the move!
Instagram: @rjsladerade