View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #100
(Yoshi)
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
(Yoshi) is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys.

I moved into a house here in Alabama with a 2 car garage so I brought my daily driver which is a 1994 Miata "r package" and my other little project which is a 1985 RX7 lovingly titled the "Hooptie". Since I couldn't work on my S13 I have been fooling around with the hooptie.

Here is what I have been up to...

Here is what it looked like when I got it:

The car was originally a 12a car but had a rebuilt street ported 13b swapped in with a holly 465 carb that I'm still trying to get to run right.

So I got some adapters to run my wheels but the wheel studs stuck out past the adapters so I had to do some grinding then reinforcement:

Which let me do this:

So the suspension was feeling kind of old so I got some new struts and bushings and got to work:

Then one night some alcohol and spray paint got mixed and this happened:

Then I moved:

I got bored one day and decided to clean up some of the rusty spots and started with the radiator duct:

Which expanded to the front piece and the vent piece in front of the windshield:

Then the Hooptie got naked cuz it heard the bishes love it:

And more painting happened:

Then I test fit the parts to see what they would look like. Nothing bolted here:

Then I took the parts back off and set them in a pile of shiny:

Then went back to painting:

Stripping the door aka pita:

And painted hood:

Then 100+ degree weather hit and I had to wait for it to cool down, so that is where I am at with that...

THEN....

This is coming towards the end of the week:

So that combined with moving and new job is why updates are slow on this thread...