View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #62
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
ive actually been thinking about the benefits of each route. i know that turbocharging any motor will pretty much cut its life in half, unless its a damn clean build, nothing was really cheaped out and you or the shop thats building it really knows what going on...and thats obviously pricier than just buying a turbo'd motor. personally i wouldnt trust dding a ka-t for the long run just because of things that could go wrong with turboing a motor that wasnt initially built for it.

things that go wrong with ka-t's are like what others have said, people who dont know what they're doing, cheaping out on parts and hitting boost everywhere you go lol. as for sr longblocks being expensive, 1500 for an sr longblock is outrageous, im seeing deals way cheaper than that in the fs section.

you wait for the right deal, getting a good sr isnt that much of a hassle.

ive driven (not hard) and been in sr powered cars and yea the smoothness is definitely a separating factor from ka-t's, but that obviously comes from the fact that they were built for it. ive been in a fairly built ka-t drift car and damn it was fast and looked really responsive, but for the long run, i'd prefer to go the sr route
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote