View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #139
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump for old ass thread because i have searched since i woke up thismorning with the sole intent to depower my rack and relocate it 20mm or so forwards.....

I have my rack completely apart and clean right now. ALready notched the piston too.

First of all, this little spool valve from what i'm reading causes friction because of the little rubber rings all up on it and how it works by design. This pin my finger is pointing to, i simply drill that out and this piece slips off, yes?

Second, this rubber ring that fits up against the old piston pressure seal, junk it or slap it back in?

This is a worthy resurrection thread for the spool valve alone.

Edit: this is a tits easy mod. If you half ass it by just capping lines and not taking the rack apart and love it, more power to you. You are doing it wrong with a smile when it's not a whole lot of work to do so. My rack end where the cap is was dimple punched. If you tried to thread the cap off you would have destroyed all the threads. Check for that BEFORE you try to wrench it off. You should only have to break the seating torque and then off it goes easy by hand. If not, STOP! Take your time to drill the dimple out SLOWLY, remove all shavings and then thread the thing off.